Do you believe marketing copy can be fun, helpful, and wildly effective — all at once? Does writing copy that convert fall within your genius zone?
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to join our team to help us continue to broaden our impact and reach.
Your main responsibility will be writing killer headlines and emails, blogs, social media copy for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn articles, and updating product descriptions and website copy. You must have experience writing clean, personality-driven marketing materials that convert.
What You’ll be Doing In this Role:
- Writing weekly blog posts, emails, and articles
- Writing sales copy for new products, and lead magnets that convert. You’ll bring our brand’s unique, playful voice to landing pages with the goal of increasing conversions
- Refreshing and optimizing website pages
- Creating new email and text message sequences that help our community and showcase the value of our products, so subscribers are eager to become customers
- Brainstorming and creating ideas for high-value opt-ins and lead magnets
- Ideating, building, and updating content that bring value to our community and strengthen our sales funnels
- Providing copy support for existing and new training programs, ensuring our offerings are always up-to-date, relevant, and the absolute best they can be
- Some administrative duties as needed like drafting emails, responding to emails, and chat messages
Reading this makes you say, “WHOA — that’s ME!”:
- You’re a pro at writing enticing headlines and email subject lines that result in high open rates, and you can share specific examples where you nailed it
- It feels natural to write in a fun, conversational, emotional, relatable voice, and you have screenshots to prove it (and you’re happy to share them, along with examples of your work)
- You’re comfortable ghostwriting in someone else’s voice
- You have a sense of humor and bring it to your writing
- You're 10,000% reliable, organized, and never miss a deadline
- You’re not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, even if they’re different from what’s been done before, and you speak up when you notice opportunities for improvement
- You have a track record of working well with others, supporting your team, and avoiding drama
- You’re confident in your ability to find solutions when you hit obstacles
- You’re comfortable and even thrive in fast-paced environments where you learn something new every day
As a part of our team, you’ll wear many hats and have the opportunity to help grow and shape the future of our company. The only limit is your drive, commitment, and imagination.
Who we’re looking for:
- Journalism, Communications, English majors
- You attend an HBCU (not mandatory, but a plus)
- A strong understanding of HBCU culture
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking capability
- Ability to adapt and be agile as needed in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Attention to detail
The nitty gritty:
- This is a virtual internship for college credit. By the end of the internship you will have a huge portfolio of copywriting and marketing work.
Please Apply Here: Copywriter Internship Application