HBCU Legacy Fashion is looking for innovative design interns who want to be a part of a movement whose purpose is to serve the next generation of HBCU students through originally designed, high quality HBCU Fashion. If you are ready to be a part of something bigger than yourself, HBCU Legacy Fashion wants to offer you an in-person hands on experience right here in Columbus, Ohio. (You may also be remote for this internship.)
We are a start-up collegiate fashion company who is rapidly growing and expanding into major retail. This is an amazing opportunity for you to make history in being our first set of interns and stamping your name on the early stages of our company's success. We are licensed for 21 Historically Black Colleges & Universities and offer high quality, matching HBCU clothing for parents and their children. Our goal is to connect youth to the historic legacy of their parent's HBCUs through fashion while giving back to our partner institutions and our community as a whole.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be eligible to receive internship credit. Enrolled in a design program/school. Major points if you are at an HBCU. Must be a team player, self-starter and detail-oriented. Basic Knowledge in Canva, iMovie, and Apple Software, Microsoft Office Programs. Understanding of Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus. Basic Knowledge of Fashion terms. Excellent written and oral communication skills are A MUST. Ability to take direction while working independently. All Internships are unpaid and the intern applicant must receive school credit.
Do you have:
- A competitive spirit with a passion for results
- Forward thinking with a strong eye for trend, color, and print
- A curiosity and desire to learn about consumer and retail trends, including customer demographics, purchasing influencers and emerging technology
- Dynamic written and verbal communication style to read and write reports, as well as communicate cross functionally and vertically throughout the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
Here's what you'll be doing:
- APPAREL DESIGN: Create high quality, aspirational product for each of our licensed schools. The designer's role is to take the product from initial concept through the production of the garment. Designers stay on top of emerging trends through shopping the market, researching the latest trends in collegiate fashion, and staying in tune with our customers. This creative research fuels the big picture trend and mood direction at the beginning of each season. Designers focus on every aspect of product development, from fabric and trim selection to editing how the garment fits on live fit models.
TECHNICAL DESIGN: Translate flat sketches and trim sheets into physical garments by building detailed tech packs. They are responsible for creating detailed technical illustrations, editing paper patterns, and creating patterns from scratch when necessary. Our technical designers lead cross functional fit sessions and communicate with vendors and factories to bring our vision to life
CREATIVE MARKETING: Focused on creating digital visual content across all marketing channels (including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn
SOME ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
- Organizing inventory on shelfs and in software systems
- Creating systems for new and existing inventory
- Packaging products
- Printing Shopify packing slips
- Weighing and measuring packages
- Writing handwritten notes to go inside packages
- Print shipping labels on Pirate Ship and preparing items to be shipped
Please Apply Here: Designer Internship Application
Email Resumes and Cover Letters to Contact@HBCULegacyFashion.com