Position Title: Social Media Intern
Duration: 6 months (or one semester)
Salary: Eligible for college credit
Hours: Not set; deadlines will consider other academic commitments
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
HBCU Legacy Fashion sells high quality, licensed collegiate mommy/daddy and me apparel that:
- Yields royalties to our partner institutions
- Connects youth to the historic legacy of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Creates awareness through celebration of the culture
Our fashion forward HBCU apparel helps those with HBCU pride display the spirit of their school while increasing an opportunity to make a fashion statement and reducing the time spent customizing their children’s outfits.
We are seeking an ambitious and committed Digital and Social Media (DSM) intern with an entrepreneurial spirit. The intern will use classroom based knowledge and experience to develop branded content that informs and engages our target audience. Measurables will increase followers, enhance awareness, and achieve other marketing and sales goals. The intern will assist in a range of marketing initiatives, manage multiple social media platforms, and execute promotional campaigns tasks., etc.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from established and recognized industry leaders in fashion, marketing and media
- Apply your classroom knowledge in a professional setting with practical application and skills development to build your social media portfolio
- Two complimentary career coaching sessions with resume critique
- Professional recommendation upon successful completion of internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with overall brand strategy and management
- Create and communicate social media marketing campaigns/initiatives via multiple channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, Klaviyo, etc.)
- Design and distribute content including, but not limited to, announcements, infographics, promotions, social media posts, videos via multimedia outlets
- Develop editorial calendars (monthly/weekly) and strategically organize content to promote company brand(s) and share updates via social media channels and newsletter
- Engage and grow target audiences and followers while remaining up to date with current technologies and trends in social media
- Create, post, and manage branded content using scheduling tools
- Track engagement using social media analytic tools (Facebook/Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.) to identify high-performing ideas, campaigns/promotions, and messaging
- Support marketing team at live and online events
Skills and Qualifications
The intern will be comfortable with creating and managing multiple social media accounts. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, entrepreneurial, and comfortable in a fast-paced, remote environment. Must be a self-starter with keen attention to detail. Candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and practices with an ability to work on one or more assigned projects (independently at times). Must have a creative mindset and ability to contribute innovative ideas to the overall brand marketing and communications strategy. Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills required to come up with unique slogans or attention-drawing social media captions.
- One year or more experience in digital marketing/social media marketing
- Undergraduate or graduate student in advertising, communications, English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills, and excellent internet research skills
- Mastery of Canva and Microsoft Office (Adobe CS a plus) as well as major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics including Facebook Insights, Google Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content development and management systems and creative image/video editing software (Adobe, Canva, YouTube, Vimeo)
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Reliable team player with ability to work collaboratively and well with others
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and ability to multitask
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on deadline
Application Process and Selection
Interested students should forward a copy of their resume to a professor or internship coordinator. Students should also include a cover letter with a brief statement expressing their interest in the opportunity and their availability (Spring 2023, Summer 2023, or Fall 2023). Internship coordinators or professors will forward materials to HBCU Legacy Fashion along with their recommendation/approval of qualified candidates. HBCU Legacy Fashion’s hiring team will review candidate materials and conduct a zoom interview based on availability of a position and a potential match. A final decision will be made (in collaboration with the professor or internship coordinator) that meets the university and HBCU Legacy Fashion internship requirements, process, and guidelines. Non-students should forward their resume, statement of interest and availability directly to HBCU Legacy Fashion: contact@hbculegacyfashion..com.
Please Apply Here: Social Media Internship Application
Email Resumes and Cover Letters to Contact@HBCULegacyFashion.com